Hi,
I am trying to profile my native app on KitKat. For this, I built the
kernel with oprofile enabled and I can see oprfile device files under
/dev/oprofile/*. However, I am not able to start profiling and collect any
data.
While trying to start oprofile it fails with the following
shell@flo:/ # opcontrol --quick --verbose
opcontrol --quick --verbose
list_events = 0
setup = 0
idx: 20, name: CPU_CYCLES, mask: 07, ctr#: 0
event_id is 255
count_val is 150000
Configure /dev/oprofile/0/user (1)
Configure /dev/oprofile/0/kernel (1)
Configure /dev/oprofile/0/unit_mask (0)
Configure /dev/oprofile/0/enabled (1)
Configure /dev/oprofile/0/count (150000)
Configure /dev/oprofile/0/event (255)
Configure /dev/oprofile/1/enabled (0)
Configure /dev/oprofile/2/enabled (0)
Starting oprofiled...
command: oprofiled --session-dir=/data/oprofile
--events=CPU_CYCLES:255:0:150000:0:1:1
--no-vmlinux
oprofiled: too many events passed.
Failed, oprofile returned exit code: 256

My Nexus 7   details are as follows

cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor       : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor       : 0
BogoMIPS        : 13.53

processor       : 1
BogoMIPS        : 13.53

processor       : 2
BogoMIPS        : 13.53

processor       : 3
BogoMIPS        : 13.53

Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4
CPU implementer : 0x51
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x1
CPU part        : 0x06f
CPU revision    : 0

Hardware        : QCT APQ8064 FLO
Revision        : 0000
Serial          : 0000000000000000

I would appreciate any help to enable/collect logs using oprofile on my
nexux 7.

Regards,
Rishi