TBH I never actually done any research about this until now and it made me
curious, and from what I have found it seems that Android is using a
modified CFS scheduler (it makes sense because CFS is the default scheduler
of Linux Kernel and Android runs on top of it).

Top two answers from here
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7931032/android-process-scheduling>
should get you up and running for more details.

Hope this helps