I'm trying to trace registerReceiver() from Activity class to understand
the process flow.

I'll believe the call will end up in
ActivityManagerService.registerReceiver().

>From my understanding, it should be involve a request to SystemService,
since ActivityManagerService live in the SystemService. The problem, I
cannot trace the code execution flow from Activity.java to
ActivityManagerService.

>From developer.android.com:

java.lang.Object
    ↳    android.content.Context
        ↳    android.content.ContextWrapper
            ↳    android.view.ContextThemeWrapper
                ↳    android.app.Activity

I've been looking all class above to trace the implementation of
registerReceiver(), but can not locate the code that request the
systemservice of ActivityManagerService.

Hope someone can explain how the ActivityManagerService is triggered.

Thank you.