Hii ,

down votefavorite
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34574870/how-to-add-direct-rendering-manager-support-in-android#>

I am working on display bring up for development board with android (linux
kernel 3.18 version). As per my understanding, in linux we can use
framebuffer or direct rendering manager display subsystem for display. But
in android I am pretty confused that it is only using framebuffer with ION
memory management. I want to bring up display using direct rendering
manager with GEM memory management. Is it possible? Can ION be replaced
with GEM. I noticed that there is libdrm.so in android also. What are the
changes I have to made if I want to replace framebuffer with direct
rendering manager? Is direct rendering manager support available for
android? If not how can I add the support? Whether i have to made changes
in hal? Or I want to implement new hal? Please provide me suitable
solution. Your information will be useful to me.

Thanks and Regards,

Vijay Kumar.

\