Guys, I am building kernel for Nexus 5x, but it fails and the resource of
doing it is scarce.

Here is what I do

   1. Mainly follow the guid in
   https://source.android.com/source/building-kernels.html, but I need make
   few changes to proceed....
   2. I checkout the branch

   origin/android-msm-bullhead-3.10-marshmallow-mr1
   3.

   I use the prebuild toolchain in my AOSP folder, which is "
   aosp/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.8/bin"
   4.

   So I set the following
   -

      export ARCH=arm64

      export SUBARCH=arm64

      export

CROSS_COMPILE=home/Android/aosp/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.8/bin/arm-eabi-

      export
      PATH=home/Android/aosp/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-eabi-4.8/bin:
      $PATH
      -

      export CROSS_COMPILE=arm-eabi-
      5. make bullhead_defconfig is ok
   6. make fails....: (
      - error:

      arm-eabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line option
      '-mgeneral-regs-only'

My guess is I set it to use a wrong toolchain or wrong target. However, I
have tried many different options but with no luck. For example, I have
tried different msm branch, different toolchian version (4.6~4.8), and set
different ARCH. ARCH seems must be set as arm64, otherwise, I can't set make
bullhead_defconfig. Does anyone have any thought? Any suggestion will be
very welcome.