I have an application that generates and receives packets and currently
runs on Linux using a TUN/TAP interface. I create this interface on linux
and then give the interface a name. I pass the interface name to my
application which opens the interface and gets and sends packets. I am
porting my application to Android. Does Android allow creation of TUN/TAP
interfaces and also allow code to open the interfaces?

Thanks,
Y-