There are two ways to do this:

1. Integrate your codecs into the PV OpenCore framework. You can
either use OpenMax, which is the way that the G1 h/w decoders are
integrated, or you can write your own decoder node class based on PV's
built-in classes. For encoders in the current code, you'll need to
write your own decoder node class.

2. Implement a new media player (MediaPlayerInterface.h) around your
codecs. This means you need your own stream parsers and de-muxers,
media clocking, etc. It also means you won't be able to take advantage
of PV's built-in network clients for HTTP and RTSP/RTP streaming.
Unfortunately, there isn't a complementary abstraction for the
authoring side yet.