Thx Andrew.
According to my knowledge, besides OMX method(either vendor-specific or
opencore's OMX wrapper), opencore still has its' own software based
codec(/mydroid/external/opencore/codecs_v2/video and audio). I'm confusing
how they handle the selection between software based codec and OMX codec
(either vendor-specific or opencore's OMX wrapper).

John