Hi,

On Dec 19, 8:38 am, "pavan savoy" <pavan.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The wlan which I have in my setup, starts off with wlan_loader.
> But before I start off the service wpa_supplicant, there needs to be an IP
> address assigned & the interface has to be made up.
Dm: Why do you think so ? IP has nothing to do with wpa_supplicant.

> So is there a service which does that automatically, if from cmd line, I do
> ifconfig wlan0 <ip_address> up.
> Can I somehow do this inside the init.rc ? after wlan_loader ?
You can not do this - it doesn't make any sense. wlan_loader just
loads wifi firmware.
But for WiFi you need to be associated with AP at least.

> Also are there any pointers as to how to start off dhcpcd ? & who is
> starting that ? like WifiService is starting wlan_loader & wpa_supplicant
> via wifi.c in libhardware.
Network framework starts dhcpcd. There is a network layer that is
responsible for this.
Look for wifi.c and hardware library.