From: android-porting@googlegroups.com
[mailto:android-port...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Dima Zavin
Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 3:28 AM
To: android-porting@googlegroups.com
Subject: [android-porting] Re: 128MB runtime heap for Asus eee target

The primary reason this was chosen was due to larger screen size on the eeepc
compared to HVGA on the dream. The maps application would cache a certain
number of tiles, and when the screen got big, it blew REALLY fast through the
standard 16mb heap and then the vm crashed because it couldn't gc to free up
memory for more objects. The 128 was most certainly a swing towards the other
extreme (there was no pressing need for me to find the "best" number, just one
that worked). I'm sure a smaller number would work just fine. Feel free to
experiment.

--Dima

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Yang, Chen