Dear Steven,

Reg. the performances, graphic rendering is THE place where dramatic
improvments can be obtained.

I think that there is no significant improvment to hope by modifying
the input system, as far as you don't try to use multitouch screens.
If you want to use a multitouch screen (but you need one do to so !)
the current windows mgr may be an issue. This is not a real problem as
the current Android MMI - that is very good regarding ergonomics - is
not that dynamic.

Franck