that looks correct. can you show the whole radio log, there should be some
RILD messages telling you if there was a failure opening the device file
(which could be caused by permission problems). You can also try to hack the
mainLoop() function in hardware/ril/reference-ril/reference-ril.c that does
the opening, to give more diagnostics if needed.