Hi

I am currently researching possibilities to run android on SMP. Would
there be any blocking points that immediately come to your mind?

Since android in principle (and from my understanding) is using the
standard linux process model with standard scheduling, will there be
anything that prevents the dalvik VM and the corresponding android
framework from running in an SMP environment? What about the bionic
libc?
I actually think it should be doable with the current sources, correct
me if I am wrong.

As a starting point to test this, I considered taking the currently
ongoing work in x86 support and run it under x86 SMP. Some insight
into the x86 support would be nice, can we expect to get something
like a generic x86 PC target anytime soon? Are you aware of a project
that is working on that?

Final target would be ARM Cortex-A9 multicore, but currently I have no
access to such hardware.

Gruessle
Simon