Hi Rajesh

I'm on the same boat as you. What worked for me is the following:

1) Get the 2.6.25 Android kernel and extract to a directory of choice.
Note that the latest Android source uses kernel 2.6.27
2) Make sure you download the latest BSP for the **PDK** on
Freescale's site, r14. I think there was one released in October 2008.
Install it, but If you're using Ubuntu, "sudo aptitude install alien
rpm" and make sure /etc/sudoers have your username in it.
3.i)  In the LTIB directory created by your PDK installation, run "./
ltib" and be sure to choose the IMX31_3STACK as platform (PDK's
alternative name).
3.ii) In kernel selection, select kernel 2.6.24, and make sure that
"Leave sources after building" is checked. To save time, make sure all
other packages in "Package Selection" is deselected". Also check the
"Configure kernel" option.
3.iiI) Exit, it will start to compile the BSP. After it has finished
extracting the kernel source it will run "make menuconfig" by itself.
Exit, and it will start to compile the kernel. It is safe to Control-C
yourself out of it
4) In the BSP installation directory (where you ran "./ltib") there is
a folder rpm/BUILD/linux-2.6.24. That is where your BSP kernel folder
is.

You can then procede in downloading a vanilla 2.6.24 from kernel.org
and do a diff on it. A good tool to visually do this is meld. If you
have Ubuntu, "sudo aptitude install meld" is your helper.

Here is a list of directories that you must focus on in porting to
your Android kernel
arch/arm/mach-mx3
arch/arm/plat-mx3
include/asm-arm/arch-mxc
sound/arm
sound/soc
drivers/mxc
drivers/watchdog/
drivers/video/mxc
drivers/spi
drivers/serial
drivers/regulator
drivers/rtc

Be sure all the Kconfig and Makefiles reflect your changes.

Hope this will prod you in the right direction. There is one issue on
Android and that is x-panning on video - the screen looks as though it
is only updated once every 2nd keypress, and I still have to get the
sound working. I've also forced the LCD backlighting on on init, but
that is about how deep my hacking went to get this "usable". If you
have flicker on the screen, mail me.