hi,

non-existance of DRIVER START/STOP RSSI, LINKSPEED, doesn't really stop
anyone from using the WLAN chip.
Our chip required a ifconfig up on the interface, before starting off the
dhcpcd.

basically add a service
service ifcfg_mychip  ifconfig wlan0 up
&
service dhcpcd dhcpcd -d wlan0

& start these from the wifi.c file.....

I suppose most of my changes have made it to the [local]Android tree  in
omapzoom.org, and git location git.omapzoom.org.

Have a look @ the wifi.c and the relevant init.rc file. Particularly in the
zoom2 project.
don't have the source code anymore with me....

regards,
Pavan