If you have a daemon, you should probably be able to run it as is on
Android, provided it is started with the appropriate permissions.
(Started by init if real crucial to the platform, or otherwise on demand by
something else if needed).

Then, you should provide a Java API that would be implemented through JNI
calls that would invoke the native client interface to your daemon
(most probably a library). It really depends on how your daemon communicate
with its clients though, you may be able to communicate directly
from Java through a Unix socket, for example.

Can you share a bit more details about your project ?