We cannot allow the application to make any changes to the camera that
could potentially violate the contract between the camera and the
media recorder. For example, let's say that the video frame size is
set to CIF, and the application changes it to QCIF in the middle of a
recording. This will cause the encoder to read beyond the end of the
frame and probably crash the media server process.

In a future release, we will enable a subset of safe API's that the
application can use while video recording is in progress.