in order to run my media player on hardware not supporting pmem, I have 1.
altered the external/opencore/android/android_surface_output.cpp to support
mEmulation
2. make (under folder mydroid)
3.copied some lib relevant to opencore to the rootnfs/system/lib
and then I run mediaplayer on my real hardware board,  there is still no  media
to show on my screen, here is the catlog

V/ActivityThread(  560): Resuming ActivityRecord{436ba610
token=android.os.binderpr...@436bbba0
{com.android.mediaplayer/com.android.mediaplaye
D/MediaPlayerDemo(  560): surfaceCreated called
V/MediaPlayerDemo(  560): android.content.res.assetfiledescrip...@436b8440
W/PlayerDriver(  419): Using generic video MIO
V/VideoMIO(  419): CloseFrameBuf
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
D/MediaPlayerDemo(  560): surfaceChanged called
D/MediaPlayerDemo(  560): onPrepared called
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
V/VideoMIO(  419): iVideoWidth=176
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
V/VideoMIO(  419): iVideoHeight=144
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
V/VideoMIO(  419): iVideoDisplayWidth=176
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
V/VideoMIO(  419): iVideoDisplayHeight=144
V/VideoMIO(  419): setParametersSync
V/VideoMIO(  419): VIDEO SUBFORMAT SET TO X-YUV-420-PLANAR
V/VideoMIO(  419): CloseFrameBuf
V/VideoMIO(  419): using software codec
V/VideoMIO(  419): video = 176 x 144
V/VideoMIO(  419): frame = 176 x 144
V/VideoMIO(  419): frame #bytes = 50688
I/ActivityManager(  435): Displayed activity
com.android.mediaplayer/.MediaPlayerDemo_Video: 839 ms

anyone anyidea? my media is stored in res/raw and the app can run successfully
on emulator.