Where in the architecture is the preferred location for modifying
net.dns1?

For example, I'm starting up a PPP connection from the RILD whenever
the upper layer commands RILD to start a data call.  Should the RILD/
PPPD update the net.dns1 and net.dns2 with the DNS information from
the IPCP negotiation?  This is my current assumption.  It seems that
resolv.conf is disabled for Android, but I'm hoping that the ip-up
script is still getting called by the Android version of PPPD.  I'm
investigating this now.  From the code I see in ipcp.c, it looks like
the ip-up script will still be called if it exists.