On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM, pavan savoy <pavan.sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I connect to an headset, I see there 2 types of connection happening,
> hsp/hfp & a2dp [phone & media], now suppose I try to play a ring-tone,
> I see the a2dp routing happening, and android trying to run it over the
> a2dp.
> But I don't think the liba2dp of bluez is coming into picture...
>

> Do I need any special routing scenario for a2dp ? in libaudio ?
>
> What am I missing ? What else can I try with an head-set ?
>
> PS: I am NOT on cupcake branch
> regards,
> Pavan

Hi Pavan,

I'm not sure what the state of A2DP support is in master.  But earlier
in the history of cupcake, we were unable to play audio to both the
phone's speaker and the A2DP headset simultaneously, so ringtones were
always forced to play out the speaker instead of the headset.  This is
fixed in the latest cupcake - now ringtones will play out both the
speaker and headset.  I expect this will be fixed in master after JBQ
finishes merging the latest cupcake changes.

Mike

--
Mike Lockwood
Google android team