I have a lot of questions about alsa,  here i go..

I am trying to use alsa api in a native C application to play some
sound on the HTC Dream. If i cross-compile the application for ARM
with the tools provided in the sdk and with the include files from
WindRiver's alsa-lib, and then link it with libaudio.so (does the
library have to be compiled in a special way ?), would it work?
I want to play some sound on an unmodified Android that's been shipped
with my phone, and I don't know if it already has ALSA drivers. Do the
androids shipped with the non-Dev G1's have alsa support?If they do
have ALSA drivers in the kernel, if i compile the alsa-lib and put
it...let's say....in /data/local, then dynamically-link my native
application with the library, would it work out-of-the-box for a non-
dev G1?

I know, a lot of questions..please correct me where I got things wrong.