Try using the following command.

#out/host/linux-x86/bin/emulator -system out/target/product/generic/ -kernel
prebuilt/android-arm/kernel/kernel-qemu”

if you get error Like  "cannot find userdata-qemu.img" export
ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT (as given below) and try again.

export ANDROID_PRODUCT_OUT=/pathtomyandroid/out/target/product/generic

regards
Haritha