On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Mike Lockwood <lockw...@android.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM, Nio <luodali...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anybody provide a gps test app? Thanks.
>
> I am working on a GPS test application, but it only works on cupcake.
> It also uses Maps, but it should be possible to disable that so it
> would work in the open source build.  I am working on the logistics
> for releasing the source code.  I'll let you know when it is ready.

I just released the sources to my GPS test application at:

http://github.com/mikeandroid/gpstest/

Note that this app uses APIs that are new in cupcake, and also
requires the Google Maps library.  So it might not be that useful
until phones running cupcake are available.

GPSTest can be built using the new android 1.5 preview SDK that was
released yesterday (see
http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2009/04/getting-ready-for-android-15.html).
 Prior to this SDK, there was no easy way to build GPSTest outside of
Google's internal cupcake source tree.

--
Mike Lockwood
Google android team