Porting the C library to a new CPU architecture requires at the very minimum
the following:

- modify SYSCALLS.TXT to include the MIPS-specific Linux kernel syscalls
- modify bionic/libc/tools/gensyscalls.py to add MIPS-specific assembly
fragments for the syscall stub generator
- probably modify bionic/libc/tools/checksyscalls.py to support MIPS as well
- a set of Linux kernel that should be placed into
bionic/libc/kernel/original. *Please* read the docs in bionic/libc/kernel/
to understand what this means
- modify bionic/libc/kernel-tools/default.py to support MIPS as well
- re-generate cleaned-up kernel headers through
bionic/libc/kernel/tools/update-all.py
- re-generate MIPS-specific syscall stubs through your updated
gensyscalls.py script
- provide MIPS-specific assembly sources for a few things, like the ones on
bionic/libc/arch-arm/. Most of these can be taken from recent OpenBSD
sources
- testing, testing, testing...

I advise you to send patches for review on Gerrit so we can see what you're
trying to do and tell you if it's ok, etc..