Gowtham:

I have just read in another thread that it looks for it in /etc/
firmware directory.  I will check by putting it there later this
evening.

In other news, I have finally got it booting even into the GUI on
OLPC.  But the performance is 'pants', as we say.  I have a feeling
its because I am using the GEODE Frame buffer driver.  I keep reading
that the VESAFB is better.  Thats the next thing to try.  The GUI
flickers so badly, it is painful right now.

Regards,
Gani