We have built an Android run-time on a custom board. We have got touch
screen and QWERTY keyboard running. We would like to integrate Audio,
WAN and WLAN in next step as well as integrate custom hardware.

Can this be done without creating a host system as detailed in
http://www.kandroid.org/android_pdk/source_setup_guide.html? For the
development till now, we used 2.6.25 customised for PXA 270 from
Marvell. And borrowed the file system from the Emulator itself.

With that background,
1. Is setting up a host system mandatory? Is there a workaround for
that?
2. Does that have to be Ubuntu?
3. We just want to build the audio related files, can that be without
creating the folder structure mentioned for BUILDING a NEW DEVICE
(http://www.kandroid.org/android_pdk/build_new_device.html)

Thanks in Advance