Even I am facing the same problem.

I can observe the touch screen events with getevent command.

Also, similar to Drakou,  top bar expands and displays the
date when I tap anywhere on the screen, the action is always the same.
I can't do anything else.

Drakou, did you get this thing working?

I also tried enabling Android power management, but no luck.

One more thing is regarding calibration.
I am using a resistive touch screen and ucb1400 as ts controller.
The co-ordinates, I get from controller are like
Top Left (100,900) and Bottom Right (900,100)
Screen REsolution is 320x240.
How do Android relate these values?

I think I have to use tslib for calibration of touch screen. Is it
required?
If yes, then can you help me get the  Sean Mcneal's tslib patches for
Android from.

Thanks in Advance,

Suhas Jain