The reason you are getting the failure is that there is no
libcamera.so to compile against.  The libcamera.so library is intended
to be a platform specific library that implements the "frameworks/base/
include/ui/CameraHardwareInterface.h" interface.  You either need to
find an existing implementation for the hardware you have or implement
it.

Steve.