You need to read frameworks/base/data/sounds/AudioPackage2.mk.

Basically, there are 2 sets of audio files now. One for limited flash
devices, one for those that have more room. So you have to include the
.mk for the set that fits your environment. This would be done in your
vendor/xxx/xxx/Android.mk or some place similar.