hi,

I think you can start with the init process in Android.
$(TOP)/system/core/init/init.c is the source of init and this process I
believe is the 1st process when system booting.  init will mount fs, make
dev node and initialize the property of android, etc.

hope that can help! [?]

Best Regards,
Johnny Song