In porting Android to a new device, I've run into some use cases where
we've added support for some native OEM hal-specific services and
hardware resources which do not seem to fall within the scope of the
existing ID's defined in system/core/include/private/
android_filesystem_config.h. In order to execute these services at the
appropriate privilege level, and provide controlled access to certain
shared resources, I'd like to define a few new OEM specific user/group
ID's. Are there guidelines for OEM's to extend these ID's? Should they
be in a specific range (for example, can we allocate the 9000-9100
range for OEM's) and include an OEM prefix so they don't conflict with
any new ID's that may be added in future Android releases?

Thanks,
Joel