Hi Dave,

I am seeing the following link:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/8b6547ed2f69aaf0

>>Surfaceflinger is the abstraction for the 2D graphics engine.

>>I'm not sure I would agree with the statement "control all the display
>>dispatch", because there is a WindowManager layer above it in Java
>>that controls position, size, and Z-ordering. There is also
>>pixelflinger, which handles the low-level operations like scaling,
>>rotation, blending, etc.

>>The source code is the ultimate documentation. It's available here:

>>http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=tree;...

I see you referring about pixelflinger which handles the low-level
operations like scaling, rotation, blending, etc.

Can you please let me know the location of the source code of pixelflinger
too??

We are currently using mEmulation=true  inside android_output_surface.cpp,
so it is using the PV Soft decoder.
This is giving the YUVPL and the same is color converted to RGB565(Should
be inside videoMIO itself)  and is then posted to Surface Flinger.

My input stream is of size 320X240 and the display is coming as
800X480(Similar to my display panel size).
In this case, is the scaling operation happening inside the pixelflinger??

Thanks and Regards,
Sreedhar