Hi,
     I finally managed to fix it and get the Ralink RT2571WF USB wifi
driver to work.

This chipset requires the rt73usb.ko kernel wifi module driver. It's
firmware file rt73.bin, should be located under /etc/firmware. For
other wifi drivers, such as the overo libertas driver, it should be
located under /system/etc/firmware.

The rt73usb driver is supplied as part of the linux 2.6.29 kernel
sources, called RT2x00. I used the dependent libraries rt2x00lib.ko
and rt2x00usb.ko, as modules, and modified wifi.c to load all three
modules. Then I applied all the patches that yi had developed for the
EEPC's atheros wifi driver, and after a long struggle, finally got it
to work.

This wifi driver wasn't easy to get up and running.

Elvis Dowson