I find that the code under /frameworks/base/core/java/com/android/
internal to have a few package.html files with "@hide" string, there
by hiding all the code in those folders. Also some functions in the
code located in those locations have the "@hide" to find a few
functions.

As per my understanding this might be done to not build the code for
SDK. How do I get this build for other than SDK? I am interested in
the files

    * UsbStorageActivity.java
    * UsbStorageStopActivity.java

Removed @hide from all the package.html and files under internal
folder. After that I am getting an error in R.java built for internal.

Can any one share information on how to build this code and is there
any particular reason other than not build for SDK for hiding this
code?

I could see that some folks have got to build the UsbStorage*.java
files ( http://osdir.com/ml/android-porting/2009-05/msg00539.html )
but no information shared on how to get this enabled.