Ok, as a test I modified the android gadget driver to include the
gadget serial driver and built it into the kernel.
>From the Android side everything seems ok, the android devices and the
serial devices are both loaded and visible in /dev.

But obviously the android driver on the Windows side isn't made to use
the extra interface.

Does anyone know the Windows android driver can be modified to allow
access to the gadget serial connection?