You're in luck (sort of)! The PXA270 is an ARM processor and it's the same as the axim x51v (and possibly other Axims, I'm not sure).

The sort of comes from the fact that I have no idea what the patches to apply to the cupcake tree are to get the Android image for the x51v, as they haven't been released yet (I'm going to check out the port to hw link previously mentioned in the thread and start from scratch soon. Just need to get annoyed enough at the waiting on the axdroid project). You should be able to recycle some of the code to get yourself started on your device.

Jerome

sigmax wrote:
Hi Abhinayak!

Thanks for your quick answer. Yep, I did lots of search. There is
nothing more about this phone. It has been sold in Europe, mainly in
spain, at 139 euros by a company called "funker":

http://www.funkertech.com/funker901.htm

 It had also been introduced in Thailand by i-mobile, portraying it as
one of their best phones:

http://www.i-mobilephone.com/form/tha/F_MobilePhoneDetail.aspx?brand_id=10&series_id=5&id=954&lang=en

 Both "brands" got it from yuhuatel design house, a chinese based
phone design company.

http://www.yuhuatel.com/english/i-nid.php

And I bought it at (yup, believe it) U$S 11,51 from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380140198668&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I live in Uruguay, South America. This will be -if I dont render it
useless- my phone, as my old phone is quite battered.

I found actually two utils: One that wrote the NAND based on several
separate files (which are plain, non signed, easily mountable /
readable ext2 and ext3 images) which also has the ability to pack all
those files into a .bin image, and a second utility that uses that bin
image with all the files inside, to write the nand. One was from
funker company, the second one I found in an anonymouse sharing file
service, thru googling.

I alredy peeked around  inside the ext2 images, and i can see the /ext/
initr.d etc. I can confirm that the phone works with a qtopia based
linux. It is very similar to the qtroll GREENPHONE.

I am NOT a proficient linux user, much less a linux coder. I do work
as programmer but with .net languages. Anyway, I think I understand
what you say. I can only hope that someone with the necesary knowledge
and one of this phones to bite the android apple :) Or if anyone feels
with enough  resources (mainly time and interest), I am here to
perform whatever test / errand required on my phone.

Regards,

Enrique.