I am porting Android to a device where I need to support qwerty and numeric
keypad on the same device with the same binary.  Just to give folks some
idea - this use case is also applicable to a slider device which may have
numeric keypad on the outside and a qwerty slider keypad.

Looking at kcm files - it looks like we need to declare if its a qwerty or
numeric key mapping.  Is there any way to specify both types of keyboard
support and switch it at runtime base on some event.

If this support is not currently available, can someone provide leads on how
to implement this in the framework?

Thanks,
-Shadow