FYI - I just pushed our latest adb sources to the master branch in the
open source repository.  It has some new features that some of you
might find interesting:

- "adb connect <host>:<port>" can be used to connect to a device over
TCP/IP.  Previously you had to set the ADBHOST environment variable,
which limited you to only communicating with one device at a time.
Now multiple TCP devices can be used simultaneously with multiple USB
devices and emulators.

- "adb tcpip <port>" and "adb usb" can be used to toggle a device
between listening on USB and listening on a TCP port.

- You can now set the ANDORID_SERIAL environment variable to specify
the device to talk to (instead of using the -s option each time).

- Added "adb reboot" command.  This can be used instead of "adb shell
reboot", and this command works even on devices without adbd running
as root.

- adb now warns you if you do not have permissions to communicate with
the USB driver file on a Linux host (ie, your udev rules are not set
correctly). Previously adb would silently fail to find the device.

The adb connect command in particular should be helpful for people
working with netbooks or other devices without device-side USB
support.

Mike
--
Mike Lockwood