As mentioned above, it seems that with g1 dhcp instead of ppp is used
for requesting data services for 2g or 3g!!
By judging from what the following link represents, before starting
with the data services the establishment of data connection is by
means of qcril (in the case of g1, namely libhtc_ril.so) invoking the
module, also known as 'RmNet' as shown in the link below.
http://nextinnovation.org/doku.php?id=android_ril

Hi John/Swet,

For the term of 'RmNet', please explain more if possible.

Meanwhile, please give me a hand for the following questions based on
porting android-ril into g1 or msm7k(mainly focused on gsm/wcdma).
Q1: How is the mechanism of communications implemented, amongst ril,
oncrpc/rpc-router, and smd, for at-command and data separately?

Thanks.

B. R.
Samuel