is there a thing such as static compilation of drivers ?
android uses BlueZ for bluetooth and for WLAN has very well defined
integration sort of layer which your driver has to provide.
bluetooth/bluez drivers are already present in the linux kernel and a
whole bunch of wlan drivers are also present in the linux kernel.

although specifically in bluetooth they have kind of concentrated on
uart transport BT chips, wlan integration (+ supplicant interface) is
of more generic.

regards,
Pavan

--