The names are in order of priority, so first ones are matched before later
ones and the most specific resource is used.  This is described in the
documentation:

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/resources-i18n.html#AlternateResources

Also you should -always- specify a density configuration for bitmap
resources, since a bitmap does not make sense without a density associated
with it, and the system can always scale from whatever density is available
to the needed density.