I guess a few people have already responded with a possible approach. There
are no "steps" as to how to go about it.

The IDVK project helps you cut down on the code that you need to look at,
especially if you are beginning to tackle Dalvik first. There is currently a
substantial dependency on the Linux kernel, which you will need to identify
and find alternatives for on Solaris. I have no idea how Solaris is
structured.

You seem to be trying to tackle a very large problem. It would require
becoming aware of several components that make up the whole Android stack.
If you are of the opinion that changing a few things in the make files will
result in building for Solaris, then I don't think it is going to work.