d0m1n4t3 - let us know if/when you get wifi working. I have the Dell
Latitude 2100 (w/ touchscreen!) , and as I understand it, they are
similarly spec'ed, at least in the wifi department. Also, if maybe you
could give us and update on how far you've come (error logs, etc.), I
might be able to help. I'm just not sure where to begin!

Otherwise everything else works on my particular model including the
touchscreen with the latest android-x86 build.

-brett aka bnfmsgeek