goldfish has nothing to do with HTC.

It's the name of the Linux kernel architecture/machine configuration used to
build the ARM-based kernel image specifically used by the emulator. The
goldfish "hardware" is very unlike the one of a real device.

the goldfish specific bits live in a branch on kernel-common.git, look for
android-goldfish-2.6.29 irrc
you should be able to rebase the corresponding changes to another kernel
branch if you want to.