Hi,

Thanks for the tool. But how do I use it ?
I am working on a normal android FS and don't have a toolbox/
directory and no method to call hotplug_main.

I did build the hotplug executable and change the hotplug_main to
main, but somehow running "hotplug firmware" doesn't seem to be
working out.
So my doubt is the env variables like ACTION, FIRMWARE being set or
not, and didn't see them in the hotplug.log (created by you either).

Note:
Hard-coding what is required, i.e from the cmd line if I perform a
$ echo 1 > /sys/.../loading
$ echo ..firmware_file. > /sys/.../data
$ echo 0 > /sys/.../loading
does seem to be working !!

regards,
Pavan

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Chih-Wei <cwhu...@linux.org.tw> wrote:
> You don't have the tool to load firmware.
> Read kernel/Documentation/firmware_class/README
> for details.
>
> The android-x86 project has added a simple hotplug tool
> to load firmware. See
> http://git.android-x86.org/?p=platform/system/core.git;a=commitdiff;h=b36af46cc0da1ec6d687d3cd195512cca2b74c4c
>
> On 10月29日, 下午5時31分, king <king06552...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i have a firmware file which is a .hex file, does anyone know how to
>> load the firmware under android?
>>
>> Where should i locate the .hex firmware file?
>>
>> In the driver i see it use "request_firmware" to load the firmware,
>> however it give me a debug message to me that "unable to locate
>> firmware file" when loading the firmware.
>>
>> Does anyone know what happened?

--Pavan Savoy