The system dynamically adjusts the application content area based on the
status bar window's size.  I would guess that you have changed the size of
the content of the status bar, but not the status bar itself.  (Another hint
for this: the status bar window is on top of the application, so the fact
that its content is cut off indicates the window is not large enough.)

Make sure you also change status_bar_height in dimens.xml:

    <!-- Height of the status bar -->
    <dimen name="status_bar_height">25dip</dimen>

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 6:36 AM, vishal bhoj <vishalb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>

> I am trying to customize the status bar for a device with a large
> screen.I want to increase the height of the status bar.I have made the
> necessary changes in the status_bar.xml The changes happen in the
> framework-res.apk. the status bar size is increased but the application
> area overlaps on it and nothing more than 25 dip(in hieght )is being
> displayed.
>

> I am trying to dig into the source where I could customize the activity
> area. I am unable to find it.Can anyone please guide me where this
> region is bieng allocated.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>

> Vishal

Dianne Hackborn