Hi,all

    I want to play the flv file in browser with opencore.

   As we know, the browser by default can play mp4 file in browser
with mediaplayer(opencore) in http streaming mode. Here I want to make
the browser can play the .flv file as that of mp4.So I do it for flv
and also for rmvb for a contrast.

1. make the .flv and .rmvb file can be recognized and play in Gallery.
And the  MIME type  for rmvb & flv files are "video/rmff", "video/
flv"  respectively.

2. To make the browser can recognize the .rmvb file and .flv file, I
do the registeration for both rmvb and flv file according to the mp4
file in following 2 places:

   framework/base/core/java/android/webkit/MimeTypeMap.java
                  sMimeTypeMap.loadEntry("video/mp4", "mp4", false);
   +            sMimeTypeMap.loadEntry("video/rmff", "rmvb", false);
   +            sMimeTypeMap.loadEntry("video/flv", "flv", false);

   packages/apps/Camera/AndroidManifest.xml
                    <data android:mimeType="video/mp4" />
  +                <data android:mimeType="video/rmff" />
  +                <data android:mimeType="video/flv" />

3. Set up an http streaming server to do the test for both the flv
file and rmvb file.

The result is that the rmvb file can play well in mediaplyer(opencore)
set up by the browser. But the .flv file is selected to be download.

And I checked the code in packages/apps/Browser/src/com/android/
browser/BrowserActivity.java

In function onDownloadStart:

the return value of
getPackageManager().resolveActivity(intent,
PackageManager.MATCH_DEFAULT_ONLY)

for rmvb and mp4 file is not NULL
but for flv the  is NULL

The Question is that where the .flv file is filtered and how to make
it can be played by opencore???

Thanks !