Hi,

I am working on TI’s OMAP Zoom2 platform (OMAP3430). My intention is
to boot Zoom2 with Android using 2.6.31 kernel. Note that I am also
planning to post this in omapzoom discussion group. I think the issue
is not related to platform (zoom2) but to do with Android images with
Linux kernel 2.6.31 and hence posting it here as well.

Here is how I have extracted android patches

1.      Took vanilla 2.6.29 from kernel.org
2.      Took Android 2.6.29 kernel from
http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=kernel/common.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/android-2.6.29
3.      Took the diff between 1 and 2
4.      Extracted only the android patches (ashmem, android timer,
everything in staging, yaffs2 etc..)
5.      Applied the android patches to OMAP tree OMAP zoom2,3430 with Linux
2.6.31 kernel

What is the current state?:

I am able to boot the kernel with Android patches with a file system
just busybox in it.  During bootup I could see some console messages
related to Android (like: ashmem initialized , yaffs2 etc.. ). Also,
in /proc, I can see entries related to binder.

What is the issue I am facing? :

When I try to boot the kernel with Android images, the kernel panics
with the following error message

Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init

Questions I have:

1.      Do I need to rebuild Android images (especially bionic) with the
kernel header files of 2.6.31 ?
2.      What all additional changes I have to make to boot with Android
images

I appreciate your help..

Regards
Shivappa