Hi Aney,

There are a number of USB-based Wifi dongles that you will first need to get
and the drivers for Linux. Thinking from a pure non-Android Linux-ish way,
you'd include the driver (either into the Kernel or module), enable the
appropriate USB support in the Kernel and when the dongle is plugged in, the
driver should do the necessary work to create the network (usb0) device..

>From there, you use "iwconfig" tool to configure the device just like you
use "ifconfig" to configure the Eth0 devices. So, unless I'm mistaken, I
believe as long as you have the drivers and the appropriate device creates,
Android should use "iwconfig" and manage the device and you should be in
business..

Regards
-- Ashwin

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 10:09 AM, anantha krishnan <ananthkris...@yahoo.co.in