Since there is a fault on my beagleboard I am unable to capture from the
onboard mic in.

I am trying to use a usb camera on android.video capture  is working.I want
to use the uac input as mic on android.

I am able to record from the usb mic  by using alsa_arecord .
I am trying to configure asound.conf but I don't understand how it has to be
configured.I tried changing the device name in asound.conf
This is how it looks as of now. Can anyone tell me what are hooks ?

# #
# # Mixer devices
# #
ctl.AndroidPlayback {
    type hw
    card omap3beagle # Can replace with drivers name from /proc/asound/cards
}

ctl.AndroidRecord {
    type hw
    card U0x46d0x9a2
}

pcm_slave.slave_record {
    pcm AndroidRecord_Speaker_normal_plug
}

pcm.AndroidRecord_Speaker_normal_plug {
    type plug
    slave.pcm {
        type hw
        card U0x46d0x9a2
        device 0
    }
}

# #
# # Playback devices
# #
pcm.AndroidPlayback {
    type hooks
    slave.pcm {
        type hw
        card omap3beagle
        device 0
    }
    hooks.0 {
        type ctl_elems
        hook_args [
        {
            name 'DAC2 Digital Fine Playback Volume'
            value.0 63
            value.1 63
        }
        {
            name 'DAC2 Analog Playback Switch'
            value.0 true
            value.1 true
        }
        {
            name 'DAC2 Analog Playback Volume'
            value.0 18
            value.1 18
        }
        ]
    }
}

pcm.AndroidPlayback_Speaker {
    type hooks
    slave.pcm {
        type hw
        card omap3beagle
        device 0
    }
    hooks.0 {
        type ctl_elems
        hook_args [

        {
            name 'DAC2 Digital Fine Playback Volume'
            value.0 63
            value.1 63
        }
        {
            name 'DAC2 Analog Playback Switch'
            value.0 true
            value.1 true
        }
        {
            name 'DAC2 Analog Playback Volume'
            value.0 18
            value.1 18
        }

        ]
    }
}

pcm.AndroidPlayback_Speaker_normal {
    type hooks
    slave.pcm {
        type hw
        card omap3beagle
        device 0
    }
    hooks.0 {
        type ctl_elems
        hook_args [

        {
            name 'DAC2 Digital Fine Playback Volume'
            value.0 63
            value.1 63
        }
        {
            name 'DAC2 Analog Playback Switch'
            value.0 true
            value.1 true
        }
        {
            name 'DAC2 Analog Playback Volume'
            value.0 18
            value.1 18
        }

        ]
    }

}

pcm.AndroidPlayback_Bluetooth-A2DP_normal {
    type null
}

pcm.AndroidPlayback_Bluetooth-A2DP_ringtone {
    type null
}

pcm.AndroidRecord {
    type hooks